Tuesday, June 22, 2010

50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind (21-30) & A Few Other Things

I will just jump right into the questions:

21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? As important as I feel being happy in life is I would absolutely want to be a worried genius. I don't want to be happy because I don't know any better. 

22. Why are you, you? I just am. I don't really know how to answer this question. Maybe I am me because of my mom. Maybe I am me because of my friends. Maybe I am me because of where I grew up. Maybe I am me because of me. Maybe I am me because of everything I have been through. I would like to think that everything in life affects you in someway. 

23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? When I was younger, no. Now that I am older I think that I have. My friends mean so much to me and I would do anything for any of them. 

24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? When a good friend moves away. When you lose touch with a friend who live right near you that is a choice. When a good friend moves away that is out of your control. 

25. What are you most grateful for? My mom. She has been everything to me. She has been my mother, my father, my best friend. She has loved me when I was at my worst and never judged me for anything I did. My mom has always allowed me to express myself (even when that meant dyeing my hair black, wearing black lipstick, and painting my face pale white) and even helped me express myself. She taught me how to stand on my own to feet and how to love someone unconditionally.

26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? This is a really tough one. I have some pretty awful old memories but some really great ones too. Having recently lost my grandfather who was basically my dad losing every memory of him would be tough. I also think a lot of those memories make me who I am. That being said I would say lose my old ones. I see great things in my future and many amazing memories to come (I can pet a penguin for 25.00 a the Florida Aquarium). 

27. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first? No! How can you know it is true without making sure yourself. 

28. Has your greatest fear ever come true? No. 

29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Yeah.  Does it really matter now? Yes and no. The anger is no longer there but that time 5 years ago really changed me. 

30. What is your happiest childhood memory? A trip we (Grandfather, Sister, Aunt, & Myself) took in our RV to North Carolina, New Jersey, & Pennsylvania.  What makes it so special? Being with my family!

On to other stuff. I now have my first Daring Cooks challenge in hand. Unfortunately, I can't disclose any details until July 17th. I will share details and hopefully lots of pictures. As mentioned in the above questions I discovered that I can pet a penguin for 25.00 at the Florida Aquarium. I honestly thought this was one of those things I would always want to do but never get to do so it is nice to see that it is possible. The rain has been insane and it is making it really difficult for me to clean my apartment the way I have been planning. The good news is Walt's brother can use our other couch for his new apartment and our extra microwave so yeah that is 2 things out of the apartment. I finished knitting the second UF scarf. NO MORE SCARVES for a while. Unless they are mindless garter stitch scarves that I can pick up and knit when I need a break from a project or I can knit while walking. 

1 comment:

Christy said...

Pet a penguin? Fantastic!