Tuesday, June 8, 2010

50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind (1-10)

So as part of my "101 in 1001" I have decided to answer the "50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind." In an attempt to not bore you to much I will be answering them in increments of 10 questions. You can find the complete list of questions here! Let's begin shall we:
1. How would you be if you didn't know how old you are? I say it depends on the day. Some days I am a carefree 3 year old who wants to watch cartoons and play on the slide at the park. I want to be tickled and laugh until I cry. Other days I am 40 and all I can think about is how our bills will be paid, what to make for dinner, & work. The good news is I have more 3 year old days than 40 year old days.

2. Which is worse, failing or never trying? This was a quick and simple answer, failing. I don't like to fail, I don't even like for people to be better at things than I am. Also, I am not one of those "what if" people so the never trying thing doesn't really bother me. There are lots of things I have waited to try for fear of failure.

3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don't like and like so many things we don't do? Well, for starters life isn't as short as everyone makes it out to be. Second, we have to, to survive. Would I love to quit my job and move to Ireland......sure I would, but how would I eat, where would I live, etc...

4. When it is all said and done, will you have said more than you've done? I hope not!

5. What is the one thing you would most like to change about the world? The hate. I would like to take away all the negativity that comes with hating someone or something.

6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? Anything with penguins. I love them so much. They are the cutest thing ever!!

7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing? At the moment I am settling so that someone I believe in can do what they believe in. I know soon I will get do what I believe in.

8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? I would spend more time with those close to me. I would be more open about my feelings.

9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? I have controlled everything. I tried to think of things about my life that I wasn't currently fond of but if I really break it down it all comes back to some decision I made at some point.

10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? Doing the right things. Doing what I feel is morally correct is what is important to me.

Hopefully, that wasn't too boring and some of you are still awake. I need to get on some other 101 projects so I am off to read the Wiki featured article of the day. Hoping to increase my brain power.

No comments: