Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Nerd Wars March

So the challenges for March were issued at 12:01am and well I am pretty excited to get started. Hoping I don't overwhelm myself and can get everything accomplished and have a good time doing. I was hoping to be able to find a way to fit in my mittens and my cardigan that I want to knit, but I can not think of how they might meet one of the challenges. So the challenges and my ideas are as follows:

Category: Nerd Culture
Challenge: Don't hide your light under a bushel!
Idea: Basically what you need to do for this challenge is take a photo of yourself knitting/crocheting in public. Easy enough I do this all the time!

Category: Intellectual
Challenge: Warrior's Friend
Idea: This challenge was about shield and protection....this month I am aiming high for team spirit points so I am knitting a Gondorian Shield. It should look something like this:
Category: Team Spirit
Challenge: In like a lion, out like a lamb.
Idea: This challenge is all about the soft and harsh sides of one thing/person/animal. So for this I will attempt to knit 2 dolls. One to represent Gollum and one to represent Smeagol and a ring joining them.

Category: Scientific
Challenge: Capillary Action
Idea: This is just what it sounds like. You are to knit something that represents capillary action. So I am knitting some dish/wash cloths.

Category: Technical
Challenge: Polytech
Idea: For this challenge you must use more than one technique to complete a challenge. For this I will be dyeing my own yarn and then knitting a scarf from it. This scarf also has beads worked into so that will be a new adventure for me.

Category: Giving Geeks
Challenge: WIP Help
Idea: So I don't really have a plan for this one. The challenge is to help someone finish a WIP who is no longer capable of finishing the project themselves for whatever reason. Not sure that I know anyone who has any WIPs they would want me to finish for them.

So there you have it! Those are the challenges and my plans! Wish me luck!

No comments: