So we are only 3 days in and I have one project finished (Elvish Leaves Dishcloth), yarn dyed, & beads sorted. I am feeling pretty good about Nerd Wars this time around. A bit nervous about the beading and the colorwork and the dolls, but I think it is all doable if I continue to stay this organized.
Tuesday, while finishing up the dish cloth I decided I would go ahead and start working on dyeing my yarn. Dyeing is a long process, but not one of those processes that requires you attention for the entire process. So I pulled out the lovely sock yarn blank that Francesca had sent me (90% British Wool, 10% Nylon) and stuck it in a bowl with 1 cup of vinegar & 3 cups of water. I then added 1 cup of vinegar and 4 cups of water to the crockpot and turned it on high. It took about 2 hours before I could see steam just starting to form in the crockpot. I knew it was time. I then heated (remember, heated not boiled) up some water on the stove...I would say about 4 cups. I heated this water so that I would have something to dissolve my Wilton's Food colorings in. I pulled out 4 plastic cups & four bamboo skewers. The four colors I chose for this particular dyeing session were: Kelly green, royal blue, sky blue, & teal. I was trying to go for a waterfall look. Inspired by this photo: