Monday, February 28, 2011

Nerd Wars

So the first month of Nerd Wars is almost over and well, I didn't accomplish as much as I had hoped to, but I did conquer colorwork. It was my first time attempting anything tougher than stripes which aren't really that tough. Wanna see??

IMG_1413

I am pretty proud of this hat. Although, I won't get to wear it for at least 9 months or so. My tension was a bit off in some places, but all in all it came out looking pretty good. I am also less scared of colorwork and ready to tackle some more. Hoping one of the challenges for March will allow for me to cast on the cardigan I order through Knitpicks. It is just another one of those things I have always wanted to try and knit, but never really been brave enough. Doing well though with trying new knitting techniques..I have completed a lace project or two, colorwork, & charts!

No comments: