Thursday, May 26, 2011

Fresh Meat: Week 1: Practice 3

So I know I am way behind on my practice recaps, but this particular practice was way less than interesting and for the most part not effective at all. So I showed up for practice Friday and there were maybe 4 people there. That number increased slightly, but not much at all. There was a lady there that was showing the fresh meat stuff and while she is a good skater, she knows nothing about derby. She used to be a figure skater and where a figure skater keeps her weight and where a roller derby girl keeps her weight are completely opposite. There was a lot of random skating and no specific instruction. Although, I did get to see Cam and Bo do some leg whips. If you have never seen one...check out youtube. So that was Friday. Nothing special.

No comments: