Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Life With Abby!

I can't even begin to explain how much joy this sweet little dog has brought into our lives. She is so well behaved and mild mannered I can't get over it. However, I feel so stretched thin and stressed out. I am not used to waking up and having to immediately get out of my warm cozy bed and taking the dog out to pee. I am used to be able to hit the snooze button on morning that I really need it, but now not so much. I mean we are still working hard on this whole potting training thing and I don't want to blow it. Then on nights like last night where I worked until 7:15, then had to go to the grocery store, then had to cook dinner, had to feed the dog, had to give the dog medicine, hoping to get everything done by 8 so I could watch House! Whew! Fortunately, Walt is really great about covering the late night potty times. So he takes night shift and I take day shift. Next week Abby goes back for her first injection for her heartworms and we have to drop her off at the vet at 7:30 am. Which means we will have to wake up at 6:30 am....uggghhh! We also won't be allowed to pick her back up until 4pm. I am going to be so worried about my baby. She got to go to the dog park this weekend and meet some other dogs. I think that is going to take some time. She is also super protective of her mommy. I can't help but to smile when I watch her sleep and she starts to dream. I love when she sees that her daddy is sleeping in the morning and whines really loud to wake him up. I love our new puppy.

1 comment:

Christy said...

I just love her! I love that she's protective of you. There's something about shelter dogs...when they find a family, they really love their people. My parents' SPCA dog is the same way.
Hope everything went well with the heartworm treatments.