Wednesday, October 13, 2010


So as most of you know Walt is an artist and has been struggling for a while to make his mark in the local art community. Well, I think things are finally starting to unfold for him and I am starting to unfold.

Two weekends ago we attended/participated in Platform Art Party, which is probably one of the biggest art shows in Lakeland aside from Mayfair. Well, of course Walt being who he is waited until the day before to start building his display for his art works. Granted Abby was kind of an unexpected distraction from preparing for Platform, but still I am sure he would have procrastinated. So here it is the day before Platform and we have 3 (8x4) foot pieces of Styrofoam that needs to be painting black, and then attach boards & hinges to it. Of course, it is also First Friday which means that we need to go check that out. So we were up until about 2 am Friday night working on the display, then we had to get back up at about 9 am Saturday to finish. So by this point Walt is stress and I am tired. Walt is really cranky which I am not used to at all so what might have been a fun team building project really became a nightmare. Fortunately, we have amazing friends like Marty Jones who helped up transport this massive piece. So then we are trying to find time to shower and make ourselves presentable and we still have no idea what we are going to do with Abby, we can’t possibly leave her home by herself yet. So we get ready and go to the venue and I finally just decide that I am tired, stressed, & over Platform. So Abby and I went home. We felt bad for missing Dad’s big event, but he didn’t mind. He even won a ribbon!!

Last weekend we had Walt’s Artist Meet and Greet at The Gallery at Lake Mirror. Which didn’t start out so stressful and I am not sure that the event was ever actually stressful. I think it was that Abby was very restless in the Gallery because her Daddy was moving around and talking so much so she took lots of extra attention. We had also been up for quite some time and the event went a bit late and we also went to Starbucks afterword. It was really nice to have lots of our good friends show up. Some that we have not seen in a while, we also met some new people and made some new friends. Most importantly thought, WALT SOLD HIS FIRST PAINTING!!! Yay! I was so shocked and so very proud of him. 

So as you can see it has been an adventure these past few weekends and well I am sure there will be more adventures to come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.